I am The Brandinista and I drive people crazy. In a good way. As a hands-on creative director leading large cross functional teams, I specialize in creating branded content/entertainment and 360 campaigns across screens that make millenials crazy for you. I create stories that connect music, art, ideas, culture–and their influencers–to your brand. The engagement and loyalty I inspire is unparalleled.
I speak about brands in panels and news segments like SXSW and Fox’s Strategy Room and write about brand and culture in the Huffington Post.
You can view my work here
VP Creative + Content Director, Far From Timid | NY / DC | 06/15-Present
Creative and brand strategist for the world’s first on-demand, lifestyle brand that produces limited-edition products for home, hospitality, and fashion that launched in November 2015. Responsible for developing the brand voice, content strategy, identity, and marketing across platforms. Includes influencer marketing program with Universal Music Group for the new #LoveOutLoud campaign. Garnered press in Elle Decor, Surface Magazine, ID Magazine.
Managing Creative Director, Marriott Int’l Creative + Content Studio | Washington, DC | 02/14-06/15
Within 12 months, successfully transformed Marriott’s internal creative agency from a traditional agency of single moment campaigns to one that supports always-on 24/7 branded content and entertainment. Managed a staff of 25 (writers, designers, editors, and producers), lead client presentations and relationships. Worked with account teams to create estimates, strategies, project briefs and managed scheduling, budgets and hours-burned on assignments. Key projects include:
- Marriott Traveler: Creative + Content Director of Marriott’s first editorial platform organized by city to shift perception of Marriott from a hotel company to a travel company. Conceived and edited 105 content topics + types for each city (video, animated gifs infographics, blogs and listicles); Look/feel; For all video, I was executive producer and creative director. Primary contact with influencer talent, writers, and production. Responsible for developing: Brand strategy and positioning; Content + brand guidelines.
- #LoveTravels: Creative Lead in developing our groups’ first award-winning integrated campaign and Marriott International’s most successful inclusive marketing campaign to date. Ideated an influencer and celebrity talent strategy in creating authentic video stories. This campaign generated 500 million+ PR impressions and a mobile click through rate 11.6x higher than the industry benchmark along with generating 13x more revenue than last year’s initiative.
- Marriott Rewards: Creative Lead in developing Marriott Rewards first cross platform, user generated
campaign for existing members and acquisitions. Generated 2,205,490 impressions; Average CTR
of 4.36%; 25.53% engagement rate on our Facebook album of user-generated imagery. Also led the
development of their new brand identity for an initiative they call Rewards 2.0.
VP Creative Director | 321 Takeoff | NYC | 01/03-12/13
Ground-up development of award-winning agency specializing in brand launch + reinvigoration across screens through original content, design, and unique brand experiences. Successfully retained clients by creating a following of CMO’s I had prior relationships. Grew agency’s creative department to 30 people in 3 years. Creative lead for content, branded entertainment, campaigns, digital, and social media projects for accounts from 200k-$5mm. Garnered Emmy Nomination, Webby, One Club Awards. Key projects:
- Doctors Without Borders: Emmy nominated brand, content, and social media strategy + execution for Starved For Attention to rewrite food aid policy + bring global awareness to malnutrition. Partnered with VII Agency to create 7 documentaries about malnutrition around the world. Campaign grew Facebook fans from 250k to 400k + Twitter followers 40k to 90k in 6 months. Earned celebrity tweets from Mena Suvari, MC Hammer, Ann Curry, Denise Richards.
- The Pod Hotel: Launched the first Japanese style mini-hotel in the US. Creative lead in identity
development including naming, brand story + message platform, photoshoot, + launch strategy that included website + social campaign (in under ten weeks). Results: Garnered worldwide media attention from USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal.
- The Out Hotel: Ground-up brand development—from positioning, naming to website, social media strategy, and on-property activation—for NYC’s first straight-friendly resort. Named Fodor’s top 11 trendiest hotels in the world in 2013.
Other selected clients include: Sony, McDonalds, Reed Elsevier, Lawyers.com.
Director Creative + Content | Grey Healthcare Group | NYC | 09/01-12/02
• Ground-up development of agency’s digital department and creative lead for all digital brand initiatives. Grew team to over 20 members
• Trained account teams on digital offerings
• Won and lead creative and content strategy for the launch of BotoxCosmetic®, Levitra, and SlimFast accounts. Lead online strategy for BotoxCosmetic that included physician locator and video testimonials.
• Lead digital creative in all 360 pitches for the agency
Creative + User Experience Director | Razorfish | NYC | 06/00-09/01
• Incorporated front–end brand offering within existing UI capabilities and created intellectual property, training materials for account teams to sell and own this new capability.
• Built a team of copywriters, producers, and writers to support CRM driven initiatives for Fortune 50 companies.
• Lead digital strategy and creative for clients like Verizon, Mattel, Goldman Sachs. Lead Goldman Sachs CRM strategy and user experience initiative
• Developed Verizon’s first global strategy and communication materials.
Creative Director HotJobsYahoo! | NYC | 01/99-06/00
• Built in-house creative department and product offerings for external client partners.
• Developed enterprise-wide, online/offline brand position, identity, and campaign assets– from stationery to out-ofhome and our first Superbowl commercial.
• Results: HotJobs recognized by US News and World Report as #6 brand of the year; Prepared HotJobs for IPO and eventual sale to Yahoo.
Digital Art Director, Grey Interactive | NYC | 01/98 – 01/99
• Created original content for Proctor and Gamble, Dell, and Liz Claiborne.
• Concepted and executed CoverGirls‘ seasonal digital campaigns. Concepted and executed Pringles’ digital engagement modules.
• Won Pringle’s first award-winning (Clio) content module, ‘PopBlaster’–a digital music maker allowing user to create shareable songs with simple beats and crunch sounds.
Art Director | MSNBC | NJ | 11/96 – 11/97
• Lead designer for launch of MSNBC’s website. Translated all broadcast assets to digital for all shows that included Today, Dateline, Meet The Press, Nightly News.
• Developed digital graphics for all cover stories for MSNBC.com homepage.
• Worked with story producers to ideate topics and assets for stories
2016: 1776, Speaker. Topic: Hit A BrandSlam
2015: British Museum, Speaker for Digital Content Summit. Topic: Managing Editorial Planning
2013: Internet Week, Panelist. Topic: Branding and selecting SDK’s
2013: Soho House, Panelist and Speaker. Topic: Behind The Brand
2012: Norton Art Museum, Panelist. Topic: The Art of Technology
2012: General Assembly, Teacher/Creator. Topic: Best/Worst Brands.
2012: Soho House, Speaker + Producer. Topic: BrandSlam Bootcamp
2011: SXSW, Panelist + Producer. Topic: Rebranding Culture
2010: Fox’s Strategy Room with Eric Bolling, Recurring commentator.
2009: Creator of ‘It’s a Brand New World,’ a seminar series for small business.
Writer of two columns in the Huffington Post–Best/Worst Brands of the Week and Icon of The Day.
2010: Writer, iMedia Cover Story, “2 Brands in the Social Media Dark Age”
2016: Finalist for Digiday’s Publishing Award
2015: Webby Award: People’s Voice for Marriott’s Reddit Campaign: Best Use of Native Advertising
2015: HSMAI LoveTravels
2014: HSMAI Silver Award for LoveTravels + Marriott Rewards Make It Happen
2013: Featured Artist for Anti-Defamation League’s Justice, Advocacy & Art
2012: Emmy Nominated Work for Doctors Without Borders “Starved For Attention”
2009: Featured in Crain’s Magazine
2009: Honoree, Webby Awards
2009: Honoree, National Press Club
2009: Featured in ID Magazine
2008: MediaPost, “Pod Hotel Launches Closed Social Network,” by Gavin O’Malley
2008: ClickZ, “Private Social Network Aids Revenue Bump for New York Hotel,” by Douglas Quenqua
2008: Featured in MocoLoco Magazine; ID Magazine 2008; Surface Magazine
1999: Clio Award, Popblaster: Animated game for Proctor and Gamble’s Pringles
1997: Casie Award, Covergirl.com
1997: Woman in Advertising Citation of Excellence, Covergirl.com web site
1997: Web Changes Everything, Exhibit at The Museum of Modern Art’s Sculpture Garden
2010-Present: Board, New York Legal Assistance Group
2010-Present: NYU Continuing Studies, Intellectual Property Law Certificate Program
2012: Landmark Forum
2009: ING New York City Marathon Finisher
2007: Black Belt, Kung Fu at Bo Law Kung Fu
New York University | NYC | Intellectual Property Certification (current)
The American University | Washington, D.C. | Bachelor of Fine Arts
Instituto de Lorenzo de Medici | Florence, Italy | Study Abroad, Photography
French: Fluent Reading, Writing, Speaking; Hebrew: Fluent Reading, Writing, Speaking
Messaging / Campaign Development / Art Direction / Copywriting / Editorial / Creative
Management / Video: Storyboards, Script, Post / Social Media Strategy + Marketing / Analytics +
Social Media Listening / Naming / Influencer Partnerships / Identity Development / Website Design /
Adobe Creative Suite including FLASH; Mircosoft Office/Prezi/Keynote; HTML/CSS/Wordpress; Radian 6/
Salesforce; Hootsuite/Buffer/Tweriod; Contently