I am The Brandinista. In the content jungle, wielding a Valyrian steel machete, I rally the masses of distracted audiences across digital, editorial, social, events, and traditional media–delivering connection and community in unexpected places and spaces. How? I uncover human truths and mold them into overarching storylines/campaigns that create momentum, not just one hit wonders, that audiences fall in love with over and over again.
I speak about brands in panels and news segments like SXSW and Fox’s Strategy Room and write about brand and culture in the Huffington Post.
You can view my work here
Editor-In-Chief, IBM Services, IBM | NYC | 03/17- Present
Creative and content transformation lead for IBM Services business unit (35% of IBM’s revenue) responsible for growing market share through digital, video, social, experiential while building a content team from scratch and installing a new content creation model. Developed award-winning and ground-breaking campaigns, repeatable formats, and content strategies supporting by a beautiful editorial calendar. Built a “central casting” framework of internal and external influencers. Key projects:
- 6 Degrees of Automation: Launched IBM’s automation service with this 3 part short film series revealing how automation can be successfully operationalized across industries. In partnership with Wired and directed by Chris Cannuciarri (Netflix’s ‘Banking on Bitcoin’). Delivered over $200mm in pipeline.
- Dream It Done: Digital, social, experiential branded content campaign for IBM Services. Launched at 2018 Think event driving over $500mm in pipeline over 18 months
- Think: Reviving IBM’s editorial magazine started in 1935, lead the creation of this editorial platform. Designed look/feel, assigned managing editors, and defined editorial and pitch practices.
- Wake-Up Call Series: Featured IBM clients and leaders sharing the backstory of a-ha moments that lead to successful digital transformation. With The Atlantic.
- 100 Days 100 Opportunities: Transformed one of IBM’s greatest assets, a PDF C-Suite Study, and launched a gamified, social first, campaign releasing secrets to successful digital transformation everyday for 100 days. Launched at Mobile World Congress in partnership with CNBC.
VP Creative + Content Director, Far From Timid | NY / DC | 06/15-Present
Built an e-commerce brand from scratch–UX, marketing strategy, and manufacturing partnerships in less than 12 months for this urban luxury brand. Responsible for brand strategy, identity, voice, advertising, and content across platforms; Designed collection (over 200 SKUs) and over 80 bespoke patterns. Managed a staff of 15. Launched with an influencer marketing partnership program with Universal Music Group. Results: Garnered press in Elle Decor, Surface Magazine, ID Magazine
Managing Creative Director, Marriott Int’l Creative + Content Studio | Washington, DC | 2013-2015
Within 12 months, successfully transformed Marriott’s internal creative agency from a traditional agency of single campaigns to always-on 24/7 branded content and entertainment. Worked with C Level management and the 18 Marriott brands co-creating multi-platform original content and creative. Managed a staff of over 40 writers, designers, editors, and producers transforming a traditional in-house agency to a 24/7 content studio and newsroom. Worked with account teams to create estimates, strategies, project briefs, and managed scheduling, budgets and hours-burned on assignments. Key projects:
- Marriott Traveler: Marriott Traveler (Now Marriott Bonvoy): Creator and Editor-In-Chief for Marriott’s first editorial platform. Responsible for development of brand strategy and positioning, content + brand guidelines. Designed look/feel; Conceived and edited 105 content topics + types for each city (video, animated gifs infographics, blogs and listicles); Executive producer for video projects, selected and produced influencer marketing partnerships. Developed products and concepts for ad sales.
- #LoveTravels: Creative Lead in developing our groups’ first award-winning integrated campaign and Marriott International’s most successful inclusive marketing campaign to date. Ideated an influencer and celebrity talent strategy in creating authentic video stories. This campaign generated 500 million+ PR impressions and a mobile click through rate 11.6x higher than the industry benchmark along with generating 13x more revenue than last year’s initiative.
- Marriott Rewards: Creative Lead in developing Marriott Rewards first cross platform, user generated
campaign for existing members and acquisitions. Generated 2,205,490 impressions; Average CTR
of 4.36%; 25.53% engagement rate on our Facebook album of user-generated imagery. Also led the
development of their new brand identity for an initiative they call Rewards 2.0.
VP Creative Director | 321 Takeoff | NYC | 01/03-12/13
Ground-up development of award-winning agency specializing in brand launch + reinvigoration across screens through original content, design, and unique brand experiences. Successfully retained clients by creating a following of CMO’s I had prior relationships. Grew agency’s creative department to 30 people in 3 years. Creative lead for content, branded entertainment, campaigns, digital, and social media projects for accounts from 200k-$5mm. Garnered Emmy Nomination, Webby, One Club Awards. Key projects:
- Doctors Without Borders: Emmy nominated brand, content, and social media strategy + execution for Starved For Attention to rewrite food aid policy + bring global awareness to malnutrition. Partnered with VII Agency to create 7 documentaries about malnutrition around the world. Campaign grew Facebook fans from 250k to 400k + Twitter followers 40k to 90k in 6 months. Earned celebrity tweets from Mena Suvari, MC Hammer, Ann Curry, Denise Richards.
- The Pod Hotel: Launched the first Japanese style mini-hotel in the US. Creative lead in identity
development including naming, brand story + message platform, photoshoot, + launch strategy that included website + social campaign (in under ten weeks). Results: Garnered worldwide media attention from USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal.
- The Out Hotel: Ground-up brand development—from positioning, naming to website, social media strategy, and on-property activation—for NYC’s first straight-friendly resort. Named Fodor’s top 11 trendiest hotels in the world in 2013.
Other selected clients include: Sony, McDonalds, Reed Elsevier, Lawyers.com.
Director Creative + Content | Grey Healthcare Group | NYC | 09/01-12/02
• Ground-up development of agency’s digital department and creative lead for all digital brand initiatives. Grew team to over 20 members
• Trained account teams on digital offerings
• Won and lead creative and content strategy for the launch of BotoxCosmetic®, Levitra, and SlimFast accounts. Lead online strategy for BotoxCosmetic that included physician locator and video testimonials.
• Lead digital creative in all 360 pitches for the agency
Creative + User Experience Director | Razorfish | NYC | 06/00-09/01
• Incorporated front–end brand offering within existing UI capabilities and created intellectual property, training materials for account teams to sell and own this new capability.
• Built a team of copywriters, producers, and writers to support CRM driven initiatives for Fortune 50 companies.
• Lead digital strategy and creative for clients like Verizon, Mattel, Goldman Sachs. Lead Goldman Sachs CRM strategy and user experience initiative
• Developed Verizon’s first global strategy and communication materials.
Creative Director HotJobsYahoo! | NYC | 01/99-06/00
• Built in-house creative department and product offerings for external client partners.
• Developed enterprise-wide, online/offline brand position, identity, and campaign assets– from stationery to out-ofhome and our first Superbowl commercial.
• Results: HotJobs recognized by US News and World Report as #6 brand of the year; Prepared HotJobs for IPO and eventual sale to Yahoo.
2019: Shorty Award, Content Cantina
2018: Drum Award, Platinum, Content Cantina
2017: Shorty’s Award: IBM, Best in Storytelling
2016: Webby Honoree, Marriott Traveler
2016: Marriott Traveler Finalist for Digiday’s Publishing Award
2015: Webby Award: People’s Voice Marriott Reddit Campaign
2015: HSMAI LoveTravels
2014: HSMAI Silver Award for LoveTravels + Marriott Rewards
2013: Featured Artist for Anti-Defamation League
2012: Emmy Nomination, Doctors Without Borders
2009: Featured in Crain’s Magazine
2009: Honoree, Webby Awards
2009: Honoree, National Press Club
2009: Featured in ID Magazine
2008: MediaPost coverage of Pod Hotel by Gavin O’Malley
2008: Featured in MocoLoco Magazine; ID Magazine 2008; Surface Magazine
2000: Clio Award, Pringles
2016: 1776, Speaker. Topic: Hit A BrandSlam
2015: British Museum, Speaker for Digital Content Summit. Topic: Managing Editorial Planning
2013: Internet Week, Panelist. Topic: Branding and selecting SDK’s
2013: Soho House, Panelist and Speaker. Topic: Behind The Brand
2012: Norton Art Museum, Panelist. Topic: The Art of Technology
2012: General Assembly, Teacher/Creator. Topic: Best/Worst Brands.
2012: Soho House, Speaker + Producer. Topic: BrandSlam Bootcamp
2011: SXSW, Panelist + Producer. Topic: Rebranding Culture
2010: Fox’s Strategy Room with Eric Bolling, Recurring commentator.
2009: Creator of ‘It’s a Brand New World,’ a seminar series for small business.
Writer of two columns in the Huffington Post–Best/Worst Brands of the Week and Icon of The Day.
2010: Writer, iMedia Cover Story, “2 Brands in the Social Media Dark Age”
2010-Present: Board, New York Legal Assistance Group
2010-Present: NYU Continuing Studies, Intellectual Property Law Certificate Program
2012: Landmark Forum
2009: ING New York City Marathon Finisher
2007: Black Belt, Kung Fu at Bo Law Kung Fu
New York University | NYC | Intellectual Property Certification (current)
The American University | Washington, D.C. | Bachelor of Fine Arts
Instituto de Lorenzo de Medici | Florence, Italy | Study Abroad, Photography
French: Fluent Reading, Writing, Speaking; Hebrew: Fluent Reading, Writing, Speaking
Messaging / Campaign Development / Art Direction / Copywriting / Editorial / Creative
Management / Video: Storyboards, Script, Post / Social Media Strategy + Marketing / Analytics +
Social Media Listening / Naming / Influencer Partnerships / Identity Development / Website Design /
Adobe Creative Suite including FLASH; Mircosoft Office/Prezi/Keynote; HTML/CSS/Wordpress; Radian 6/
Salesforce; Hootsuite/Buffer/Tweriod; Contently